[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:18:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

>  There are lots of parts of the WMF that are offputting to people.  But
>  if someone finds *all* the different activities of the WMF to be
>  offputting, why in the world would they want to be on its board?

Beg your pardon, how exactly are "considering the atmosphere on
foundation-l unpleasant enough not to join it" and "finding all the
different activites of the WMF to be offputting" related?

Of course we don't want people to join the WMF's board if they
consider the WMF in globo to be 'offputting'.
But surely, "finding foundation-l a not so nice place to be" wouldn't
be a contra reason in my books (yes, implied self-criticism...

>  Personally, I do believe that all board members or prospective board
>  members should participate on foundation-l at least once in a while,
>  but that isn't even what I suggested above.  Someone who participated
>  only on commons-l might be OK, though I'd hope s/he'd at least drop a
>  line here as to why s/he doesn't participate here, and what could be
>  done to improve the situation so that s/he would.

I guess you'd hear three words: Signal-to-noise ratio.
The civility has rather improved, I think, though 'assume good faith'
could still be a bit more widely spread.  But the signal-to-noise
ration is still at a fairly embarrassing level.

--
Michael Bimmler
mbimmler at gmail.com