[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 03:49:34 UTC 2008

Your comparison, aside from being a strawman, does not even begin to
compare to the difference between a board restructure, and whether the
encyclopedia is online or not.

Nobody's asking for perfect conditions. But we'd like to see some sort
of certainty and definition, rather than "we'll figure it out as we go
along". The board is not a wiki, it is a board, and in wanting to
bring professionalism to the board, actions should be well thought out
and planned before being taken. There's no real good reason that I can
see that this needs to be done immediately, rather than getting the
chapter structure in an actually useful shape. In fact, there's many
good reasons to wait, not the least of which being that the chapters
will then actually represent people (and thus be "community seats"),
and have had time to develop a plan on how to coordinate who they
choose for the board.

-Dan