[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Wed Apr 30 03:38:14 UTC 2008

Dan Rosenthal wrote:
> Then why not wait to do this move until your vision of essentially
> default chapter membership is actually a reality?
And why not wait until the encyclopedia is finished before putting it up
on a website for people to look at? The Wikimedia Foundation is a work
in progress. For all the talk about being a unique organization, needing
to think outside the box of traditional models, and partaking of the
character of its community, sometimes I think we miss the ways in which
it actually has those qualities. As some people have suggested, I'm sure
the chapters will "be bold" in creating their part of the equation here,
and will continue to "edit" it for future improvements. I would hope we
do not stop evolving the global foundation while we wait for something
to come along with the perfect conditions for change.

--Michael Snow