[Foundation-l] A question about chapter seats.

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:40:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:

>  While these aren't likely scenarios I think, would the Board consider adding a
>  provision to eliminate such possibilities as this?

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees/Restructure_Announcement_Q%26A

"The two chapter seats will be selected by the chapters, using a
process which they will determine, ***and which will be approved by
the board.***" [emphasis added]

"Can the chapters select the chapter-selected seats whenever they want?"

"Yes. The chapters will need to define a process for selecting those
seats. That process will need to be approved by a majority of the
chapters, ***and by the board.*** [emphasis added again]"

--
Michael Bimmler
mbimmler at gmail.com