[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 03:47:32 UTC 2008

Geoffrey Plourde wrote:
> All the Board had to do is endorse the Provisional Council, which was in essence a working group.
> My only issue with chapter seats is that we have no real way to fill them.

I would infact be curious to know if that was really the case.

While I agree with Lodewijk that it would be useful for
individual board members to be open about thier individual
views on the matter, equally I have to ask Lodewijk, EC and
company, if they would be prepared to present to the public
what the proposal they offered to the board (and was not
acted upon directly by them) was like?

So far we have had an interpretation by Jimbo about the
restructuring (an interpretation that does not clearly
express what his preference was within the internal
discussions, if any). And we have had an interpretation
by Mike Snow, somewhat circumspectly expressed, of both
the demurral of direct Board involvement with setting up
the council, and the restructuring of the board, again
with fairly light amount of personal views revealed.

Antheres opinions have revealed that some of the
discussion was somewhat vexing, but even she hasn't
really given specifics, leaving us to try and read
between the lines what her own views might have been
like, though promising to speak more on the matter
later, and clearly encouraging the others on the
board to give their side of the matter.

And while the people who were on the private group to
explore the setting up of the council have demanded
public explanations, they haven't themselves gone first
and revealed what they presented to the board, or how
their proposal was prepared, what conflicting views
were balanced and how.

Somehow the situation reminds me of a poker game with
both players asking the other guy to show their cards
first.

Yours

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen