[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 07:44:06 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Becoming a member of a chapter is a choice. As a chapter is not related to
projects, contributors to the Russian, Javanese, West Frisian, English and
Dutch projects are equally welcome to the Dutch chapter. A chapter is
organised in order to provide representation of our movement in a particular
jurisdiction. I call it movement here because it is NOT representing neither
the WMF nor its projects.

There is nothing wrong in having contributors to projects all over the
world. It is important for chapters to realise that they need to be
welcoming to the people that are not part of what is often considered the
primary project in a country. When you consider Russia, many of its
languages are included in the long list that we support with Wikipedias and
other projects.
Thanks,
      GerardM