[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Mon Apr 28 07:28:25 UTC 2008

I have already asked this question on meta (and got a response from Ziko,
which I am however not to happy with).

A real life example.

I am a Russian citizen, mostly contributing to ru.wp, and I am an admin on
ru.wp

I reside in the Netherlands and I have smth like 10 edits on nl.wp
(probably  there will be more coming, but at the time I have no interest
in nl.wp meta-issues).

I have whatsoever no connection with the (potentially upcoming) ru
chapter, and I would be definitely not able to attend the meetings etc.

What chapter does represent me, even in the long run?

Note that three out of 5 bureaucrats of ru.wp reside abroad (2 in Germany,
1 in Belgium), and two of them have never been (and probably will never
become) Russian citizens or residents.

Cheers
Yaroslav