[Foundation-l] Board response on Volunteer Council

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 06:46:42 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Yes, but to me it is clear that the space where the board thinks a council
should be active is in self organising the projects and its communities. The
original proposal is very much one where the council would take power from
the organisation and the board of trustees. If anything they poured cold
water on this idea. When the members of the provisional council work out a
proposal for a council that will make a difference in the governance, the
organisation of the projects, I am sure you will find the practical support
of the board and the organisation.

To use your metaphor, the position of the board inhibits a reaction in the
direction of influence over the organisation or the board of trustees, it
gives plenty of scope to react at safe temperatures to build a council for
project self-governance. The big question is, do you want to and how do you
want to make a practical difference?
Thanks,
      GerardM