[Foundation-l] Board response on Volunteer Council

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 06:22:41 UTC 2008

Hoi.
The way I read the announcement of the board and the commentary by Michael
Snow gives me a feeling of hope. It gives me hope because there is plenty
room for a self governing body that will be there for the projects. I argued
in the past to have a "Project Council" and the way I read this it is
exactly where the board gives us room to organise a functional council.

I agree with effeietsanders that there is a need to organise a council. I do
prefer a council that is particularly involved in addressing issues that are
the result of the over 700 projects we have. The influence a council will
have is something that will increasingly increase as it makes a difference
on the ground. So I appreciate effeietsanders's disappointment but I urge
him and the other members of the provisional council to work in the space
that is clearly available. It is not without precedent; Betawiki is another
self organised, self governing project that works for the benefit of us all.
In the end what makes a difference is that you make a difference.

In my opinion the glass is not half empty but half full... and filling :)
Thanks,
        GerardM