[Foundation-l] Bertelsmann publishes "Wikipedia Encyclopedia in One Volume"

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Wed Apr 23 08:44:07 UTC 2008

At 07:45 +0200 23/4/08, teun spaans wrote:
>Congratulations to everyone involved in this project.
>
>5% royalty is a good rate as B. could theoretically grab the stuff for free
>and will probbaly do additional copy-edting.
>
>For the free culture this is an important step as I think this is one of the
>first great cooperations with a commercial giant.
>
>That this project will be criticized by some need not surprise or deter you.
>

>I wish you happiness and health
>
>teun spaans

It is a great experiment. I have a German WikiReader (of 75 pages or
so) that I picked up in Frankfurt at the first Wikimania . It is
about time somebody tried a "cut" of Wikipedia in print. The
publisher will take the risk and the Foundation (or German Chapter?)
will take the putative gain.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////