[Foundation-l] Confidentiality agreement with FSF

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 23:28:59 UTC 2008

>  If you would like further transparency, the proper solution is to ask the
>  other parties (FSF, CC) if they are willing to put the conversations on the
>  public record.  I suspect that if they are, the WMF and Erik will have no
>  problem, though I don't speak for them in any way yadda yadda.

Exactly. Which is what the WMF should have done from the beginning. My
question that started this thread was asking what steps had been taken
to get the FSF to allow the WMF to go public with this stuff (or, more
likely, the FSF doing so themselves). It appears no such steps were
taken, which I don't consider in line with the foundation's commitment
to transparency. Obviously, publishing it now after having said they
wouldn't (even if it wasn't in writing) wouldn't be a good idea, but
they should have never said that in the first place unless they
absolutely had to.