[Foundation-l] Future board meeting (5-7 april 08)

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 04:36:11 UTC 2008

Nathan wrote:
> I'm guessing there aren't too many folks familiar with United States
> employment
> law among the folks debating and speculating on this list. I submit that
> this is
> probably not the sort of thing we want determined by a consensus of
> amateurs.
> Lots of people don't like ND agreements, but they don't like binding
> arbitration,
> non-compete and non-disclosure agreements either. Even so, they are fairly
> common and effective. As a matter of fact, I think than an ND for the Board
> is somewhat less unusual than an ND for employees.

Thank you for the calm, measured response. Can I ask, however, that we
avoid confusing abbreviations? An ND agreement or NDA normally refers to
a non-disclosure agreement (another much-despised yet much-used
contract). While such agreements in business relationships sometimes
also touch on non-disparagement, they're primarily focused on
confidential information, which is a bit different issue.

--Michael Snow