[Foundation-l] Introduction to the internal workings of thelanguage subcommittee

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:59:50 UTC 2008

Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:
>  Another issue is
>  (without knowing the history) I am baffled as to why sco.wikipedia.org is
>  allowed to continue yet Latin is getting beaten senseless and denied.

The language subcommittee established a standard policy in late 2006.
Any wikis created before then were decided arbitrarily by voting and
whim, and the committee doesn't have any say concerning existing
wikis. See <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_subcommittee#charter>
for information on its responsibilities.

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)