[Foundation-l] Introduction to the internal workings of thelanguage subcommittee

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Sun Apr 13 20:35:25 UTC 2008

Thanks for this little insight into what goes on.

I suppose one of the things that's got me riled at the moment is Gerard is
so damn polite, yet never appears to concede anything. Another issue is
(without knowing the history) I am baffled as to why sco.wikipedia.org is
allowed to continue yet Latin is getting beaten senseless and denied.

For Gerard, a little bit of language you may not be aware of... "Hoi" is not
generally considered a polite greeting. I don't know what your native tongue
is, but for the vast majority of English speakers its use is generally found
in "Hoi You!" where it is a prelude to berating or otherwise giving someone
a piece of your mind.

Brian McNeil