[Foundation-l] Criteria for the closure of projects.

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 14:19:36 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Message localisation is only required for the 500 or so messages that are
the most relevant ones. For subsequent messages a full localisation is
required. This means that the requirements have been reduced for initial
projects in a language. It is assumed that the need for localisation is felt
as a project matures and we hope and expect and even have some proof that as
a consequence a subsequent project does not have to do it all.

I also agree with you that continuous development is a good thing. with two
editors writing one article a week there and a start from the Incubator with
some 300 articles they would be out of any conceived danger zone within a
year.

I agree with you that 1000 articles for Wikipedia could be seen as some
10.000 articles in Wiktionary. For a Wikinews I would expect at least one
article per day for a period of three months.