[Foundation-l] Future board meeting (5-7 april 08)

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:52:29 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When you are part of the board, you can and you should be able to say the
harshest things. This is expected of a board member. A non disparagement
agreement is meant to keep the noise down when the words are spoken outside
of the environment. It does help both a persons personal standing and the
standing of the board when people can find it in themselves to be polite and
political in how they express themselves.

I doubt how much (legal) value can or should be given to such a document, it
is certainly a great way to point out that a person who is in violation of
such an agreement is indeed the arse hole that this behaviour demonstrates.

*Terms of disparagement* are pejorative words and phrases which are either
intended to be or are often regarded as insulting, impolite or unkind.

Given the definition it is bad behaviour in the first place.. Now what is
the problem in stating that you will not behave in an objectionable way in
the first place ??

Thanks,
     Gerard