[Foundation-l] Future board meeting (5-7 april 08)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 12:35:08 UTC 2008

>  ---> Non disparagement agreement/confidentiality agreement
>  Mike proposed a document on which there was no consensus. The issue is
>  consequently delayed to a later meeting. Some board members also refused
>  to sign such a document.
>  It was agreed that a more detailed pledge of commitment, listing duties
>  of board member toward WMF as well as WMF toward board members, could be
>   a better solution than simply a non disparagement agreement.

What is a non-disparagement agreement? From the name, it sounds like
an agreement not to say bad things about people - if that's it, then
I'm glad we have board members sensible enough to refuse to sign it.
There are times when it is in the best interests of the foundation for
someone to stand up and make it clear that they are not happy about
something - that includes board members.