[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Primary account for single userlogin

Henning Schlottmann h.schlottmann at gmx.net
Tue Apr 8 13:27:16 UTC 2008

Marco Chiesa wrote:
 > Henning Schlottmann ha scritto:

>> Has there ever been a discussion if SUL really is the answer to any real
>> problem and if this had to mean non-latin user names on projects based
>> on latin languages?

> SUL is something many users have wanted for a long time; non-latin user
> names are only a minor "problem", personally I think your arguments are
> just NIMBY

There are two questions: SUL as such and the user names. If we assume
that SUL will come, and very soon, this is only one aspect. How about
using the numerical identifier with the user name per default - and give
every user the option to change his or her signature in the preferences?
And we could ask for using local characters as part of the signature.

That would be consistent with the current guideline at [[:en:WP:SIG]]
where latin characters as part of the signature are recommended for
those who have a non-latin user name.

Ciao Henning