[Foundation-l] Provisional Volunteer Council: May we start?

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 11:07:58 UTC 2008

After a long discussion at foundation-l, I may conclude that:

- Provisional Volunteer Council will or won't not be a WMF body.
- Volunteer Council will or won't deal with WMF bylaws.
- It will deal with projects, for sure.

According to that, my proposal is:

- To start to work as a Wikimedian group (to make a private mailing
list, maybe a wiki, too) and to wait what would be the Board's
decision.
- To delay (until Board's decision) work on implementation of "the
complement to the Board, Advisory board, Office etc.".

Until Board's decision we are able:
- To work on constituting a community's body which would deal with projects.
- To work on representation and other issues not strictly related to
the formal relation between the Board and the community.
- Not to work out the scope of the Lodewijk's proposal because of the
possibility to become a body which creates a legal body.
- To inform the community once per month about our work (let's say
that May 15th should be the time for the first report).

If the Board didn't make a decision at this meeting, it should
consider our work retroactively. The Board may change the names of the
councils if it is willing to do so.

Nine of us at the list + Lodewijk may start with work immediately.
Because of formal reasons, our first decision may be adopting Lodewijk
as a member.