[Foundation-l] Creative Commons CC-BY-SA Draft Statement of Intent

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 03:56:44 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
> Er, I believe if your photo is under CC-BY it will remain free no
>  matter what. Other's derivatives may not, but YOUR photo will remain
>  free.

Of course.  Like I said, "If I take a photograph, I want my photograph
(and its modifications) to remain free."

I don't want someone to modify it and put a non-free copyright on the
derivative of my photograph.

But I don't believe in purity tests either, that seek to dictate the
copyright status of work I had no hand in, and whose only connection
to my photograph is that they might appear on the same page.

Thanks,
Pharos