[Foundation-l] VC - alternative resolution

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:36:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I never said the VC should "address all-but-some
>  community/content problems".  I said it should be
>  designed with the mundane problems in mind.  And the
>  the most widespread problems should receive the most
>  attention.  That does not mean that it should ignore
>  the extreme cases.  Deal with them as they become a
>  problem but don't focus on them. Don't build the VC
>  for them.

I think that this is the crucial issue in our communication. I agree
with the most of your points related to the problem solution processes
(actually, I didn't find any of them with which I disagree). The part
of VC's definition which deals with extreme cases should be something
like: "VC is dealing with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... and with all other issues
related to the community and the content not covered by any other
project body or Wikimedia-wide body." (Or whatever the exact sentence
should be.) Extreme cases are rare (in the contrast to "ordinary
cases") and it is not a good idea to build a general body around them.
However, they should be addressed somehow.