[Foundation-l] Provisional Volunteer Council - proposal

Durova nadezhda.durova at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:33:52 UTC 2008

I don't fundamentally disagree with any of this, though I would not
presume that the corporate structure is "broken". Nor would I see the
Board/Council relationships as prima facie adversarial.  I anticipate
that much of what the Council will need to do will deal with concepts
that do not require by-law changes, and which the Board would probably
be very happy to have off of its own agenda.
******
Ray Santionage expresses my views very well: I don't come to the table with
a presumption that the corportate structure needs to be altered.

My thanks go to Mike Godwin for raising the legal issues at the outset.  If
deliberations lean in a direction where this would play a role, my
preference would be to communicate early on so the Council is aware of where
the boundaries are and what certain proposals would entail.  It would be
good to work out how we should do this and what sort of response time is
reasonable.

-Durova