[Foundation-l] Allow new wikis in extinct languages?

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 13:27:55 UTC 2008

Gerard Meijssen ha scritto:
> Hoi,
> Having a criterion that is dependent on the English language Wikipedia is
> not and cannot be seriously considered as a standard. What it considers note
> worthy is not necessarily relevant from a linguistic or otherwise point of
> view.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

I think a reasonable inclusion criterium would be whether a language
with no native speakers is used anyway as a lingua franca to communicate
between people of different native languages. This definitely applies to
Latin, and I guess it could be applied to Classical Greek. At the end of
the day, if the Wiki* in my native language is deficient in the argument
I'm interested in, I'll try to read about it in a language I know. I
don't know if Classics scholars communicate in Classical Greek if they
haven't got any other communal language, but I wouldn't be too surprised.

Cruccone