[Foundation-l] Allow new wikis in extinct languages?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:25:32 UTC 2008

Hoi,
This sounds reasonable. However the beauty of the current system is its
simplicity and the way in which things can be considered "obvious". The
beauty is that we use an external authority that does its best to define
languages. The way they categorise languages is not one that I think is
absolutely great. This is why Latin is deemed an "ancient" language.

Then again I also think that the current policy is deliberately ambiguous in
the way it expresses opinions about constructed languages. The notion that
native speakers are needed is a complete road block even when it is said
that a level of importance is to be determined. Any and all constructive
suggestions have been stonewalled so far.
Thanks,
    GerardM