[Foundation-l] Provisional Volunteer Council - proposal sent to the Board

Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) pathoschild at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 02:11:51 UTC 2008

Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
> My objection was not to her being a representative of the commons or
>  wikibooks community; however she was put forth as an en.wikipedia
>  representative, and for that I absolutely object.

The members represent the community in general. It's a good idea to
have representatives from many different projects, cultures, and
languages, but the proposal says Durova considers en-Wikipedia and
Commons her home wikis-- not that she's an official ambassador from
those wikis.

So if you consider her to be an excellent Wikimedian overall,
regardless of a dispute on one wiki, there's no problem after all. :)

--
Yours cordially,
Jesse Plamondon-Willard (Pathoschild)