[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Sep 24 17:52:35 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> > The top 4 U.S. cities for international plane
> > connections are Atlanta, Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles, of which
> > only New York was considered. And Atlanta and Chicago are considerably
> > cheaper than S.F. (especially Atlanta).
>
> I can certainly attest to the relatively cheap home prices in Atlanta; I live in a new house that
> is a 15 to 20 minute drive (depending on congestion) to downtown Atlanta that is easily one third
> or less the cost of the same house 15 to 20 minutes from the downtown of any sizable
> BART-connected SF suburb (let alone SF itself).
>
> But other than housing costs and the airport, Atlanta is not really in the same league as SF in
> terms of the tech/.org job market/environment.

What is it that the office is used for, anyway?  Answering phones,
receiving checks, maintaining the books...  I can't think of anything
else, but I'm probably missing a whole lot, right?

Which employees report to the office on a regular basis (not just for
meetings which could be held at a hotel or something)?