[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 17:43:34 UTC 2007

--- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> The top 4 U.S. cities for international plane
> connections are Atlanta, Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles, of which
> only New York was considered. And Atlanta and Chicago are considerably
> cheaper than S.F. (especially Atlanta).

I can certainly attest to the relatively cheap home prices in Atlanta; I live in a new house that
is a 15 to 20 minute drive (depending on congestion) to downtown Atlanta that is easily one third
or less the cost of the same house 15 to 20 minutes from the downtown of any sizable
BART-connected SF suburb (let alone SF itself).

But other than housing costs and the airport, Atlanta is not really in the same league as SF in
terms of the tech/.org job market/environment.

-- mav