[Foundation-l] wikinews and Knight News Challenge

Ilya Haykinson haykinson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:15:59 UTC 2007

I'm finishing up a proposal to the Knight Foundation (details in the
next couple of days), but it's for the Knight's main funding process
and not for the News Challenge.  The processes are similar, but the
News Challenge is meant to be easier.

Wikinews applied for last year's News Challenge and got pretty close
to being accepted (my understanding is that out of 1000 proposals
about 40 got funded, and we missed the 40 by a hair).  I highly
recommend that if anyone has a good idea that they don't be shy and
write something up.  If you need any help with your proposal please
feel free to run it by me.

Cheers,

-ilya haykinson