[Foundation-l] [Internal-l] Relocation Announcement

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 12:50:13 UTC 2007

--- Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I wanted to let you know that later this year, the Wikimedia Foundation
> will be relocating its headquarters to the San Francisco Bay area.

Great news! I've been suggesting a move to a world-class city for years now but have been
repeatedly shouted down on that point for what I saw as some bizarre reasons. I'm glad that the
foundation has finally realized that to more easily accomplish its mission it needs to be near
like-minded organizations. That proximity allows for more opportunities to collaborate and build
relationships with the people and organizations that we need to work with.

The SF Bay area is also a great place to live and work - a very vital and forward looking place.

Best wishes on your move. Just don’t put the servers or office on the Hayward Fault Zone or too
close to the San Andreas Fault. :)  As a matter of fact, it might be best to keep the servers and
office in separate locations.

-- mav