[Foundation-l] OT: The economics of debt and exchange rates (Was: Relocation announcement)

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 01:53:33 UTC 2007

> True, but where this thread is going seems more like something for the
> foundation employees to worry about than something to poll mailing
> list participants on.  I think people are right that this thread was
> off-topic.  I just figured it was acceptable to talk about off-topic
> stuff in this mailing list.
>
> I wonder if it'd make sense to have a list for talking about the "real
> world" (offtopic-l).  Or maybe wikien-l is an appropriate forum for
> that.  I personally don't mind at all when people go off-topic, so
> long as they do so in a separate thread (and don't add a random number
> of "K"s to the end of the subject).
>
> Remember when the IRC channels were first plagued with this question?
> From what I heard it was all downhill from there.

This thread is definitely off-topic. That's why I put "OT" at the
beginning of the subject. I can understand people being annoyed when
someone takes a thread off-topic (I am myself), but I thought as long
as I branched the thread off, marked it as off topic and gave a clear
and descriptive subject no-one would mind. Clearly I was wrong...