[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:34:56 UTC 2007

On 19/09/2007, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... it's very very very easy to accidentally edit while
> logged out, especially when you cross over to one of our other wikis
> like commons or meta.

Mmm. I have, in the past, edited (unintentionally) logged out from
three different home addresses, from work, and from a friend's machine
*whose IP resolved to her name*.

(Seriously. Oh, you have to love badly-designed university networks.)

> Providing privacy strong enough to stop a stalker for people who are
> indirectly spewing out large amounts of information about themselves
> in the form of edits is just a really hard problem which I don't have
> a solution for...

Mmm. Completely concealing all information which could be an indirect
pointer would lead you to spend all your time randomly copyediting
articles on things that don't interest you, interacting with no-one,
*and nothing else*, which whilst useful assumes a rather high level of
dedication to the project :-)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk