[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:31:43 UTC 2007

> The only workable solution I can see is to make it less likely that
> stalkers will want to target particular admins. One way to do that
> would be to set up anonymous admin accounts that multiple admins could
> use. So for example, if a difficult user needs to be blocked, any
> admin could access the joint admin account to make the block. The user
> would only see that User:Admin1 had blocked him. Only trusted people
> would have access to which admin had made a block with User:Admin1 at
> time T.
>
> I know it would complicate things, and it might make admin abuse a
> little more likely. And we'd still have the problem of potential
> leaks, so it wouldn't be foolproof by any means.

I would go with an ArbCom role account that can enforce decisions made
by ArbCom on their private mailing list. That way there are not any
individuals with the power to make untraceable blocks. ArbCom are the
most trusted members of the community (they may not have universal
support, but they are still trusted with checkuser and oversight), so
it makes sense that they be the ones to do this.