[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Sep 20 17:03:48 UTC 2007

On 9/20/07, Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:
> Stalkers are not a nice thing to deal with and I think you're underplaying
> the seriousness of the issue. They may be no serious risk of physical threat
> and thus your comments about bodyguards are appropriate. However, you're not
> taking into account what it is like when you get death threats by email and
> snail-mail.

I think the point is that nothing we do is going to stop this from
happening.  Make an arb-com role account and now everyone on the arb
com will get the death threats instead of just the people supporting
the block.

It's not a problem that Wikipedia can solve, so the best way to deal
with it is to let admins know what they're getting into and let people
who don't want to be admins still contribute in other ways.