[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Sep 20 13:32:24 UTC 2007

There are plenty of admins that happily make their real identity
public knowledge and apparently aren't so afraid of "stalkers" that
they're unwilling to block people.  There's probably at least one of
them online 24 hours a day.  Get one of them to make the block.

If there are some gaps in that 24 hour coverage, hire someone to fill
in those gaps.  Pay them enough that they can buy a PO box, an alarm
system for their house, etc.  How does society handle having judges
and police and presidents and soldiers and other figures who have to
make and enforce decisions that rile up a few nutters?  Not by making
them unaccountable for their actions.  If Wikipedia is a serious
project creating a real benefit to society, why shouldn't it do the
same thing?  Being part of the wikipolice is surely less dangerous
than being part of the real police.