[Foundation-l] [FR 07] Fundraiser 2007 -ResponsivenessofCommunity

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 20 09:44:39 UTC 2007

Hi, well yes, I fully agree with Anthere here - this is why I put the
wikipedia button on my blog and not a different one. Most people anyway
confuse Wikimedia and Wikipedia (whenever they talk to you they only
talk about wikipedia in general meaning "all projects"). The logo they
know best is the Wikipedia logo so I believe that most people will be
more attracted by our Wikipedia-globe (and yes, I understand that the
onther one would be more correct, but will it give the same results?).

My kids favour commons (due to the nice horse and ferrari pictures wich
I all too often need to print out in various sizes for them) but also
they seem to be more attracted by the wikipedia logo (don't ask me why)
... normally this should tell us something ... not sure ... or they are
just used to seeing always a wikipedia link opened? ... hmmm ...

Titoxid, I like the banner as it , thank you! - I know it does not
comply 100% to the styleguide, but it is graphically appealing and
attracts people. Putting the whole logo there would not allow for the
same effect and would therefore attract less people. So what do we want ;-)

Bastique also made some nice layouts - you can find them on meta:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/web_buttons

The "raw" versions where you can add your text are shown below.

Cheers, Sabine