[Foundation-l] Release of squid log data

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Fri Sep 14 12:07:57 UTC 2007

Andrew Gray wtoye:

>It might be helpful (to prevent uninformed ramblings) if we could have
>a draft of the proposed confidentiality agreement, or at least a rough
>bulletpoint of what it would cover. Unless that's confidential ;-)
>
>I assume the data processing and handling would be done in Spain? It's
>certainly much less of a legal headache to shift the data to Europe
>rather than from Europe...

I'm with Andrew here; it depends on the terms and the scope of access within
their community.

I'm also interested in what their research goal is. Is it technical or
sociological study?

And - to try and not be uninformed - do we need to have a data disclosure
policy? The edit history is a very valuable research dataset, should we have
a "for academic research, under an appropriate non-disclosure agreement" as
part of the privacy policy?

Brian McNeil