[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 22:11:28 UTC 2007

> That's really convoluted... You have to redefine the title to adhere
> to the GFDL. You then consider a separate sub-page to be the "most
> prominent appearance of the work's title, preceding the beginning of
> the body of the text". That's not bending the license any more. That's
> breaking it.

That quote is only for works without a separate title page. If we
define the history page to be the title page, then it doesn't matter
where it is. Anyway, it's the only appearance of the work's title
under this definition of title, so it must be the most prominent.

So we've broken the license and glued it back together in a different
order - it'll do.