[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:06:58 UTC 2007

On 9/11/07, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of 15 requirements, I count 3 adhered to, 5 broken and 8 trivially
> adhered to. If we're so bad at keeping to the GFDL ourselves, we
> surely are putting undue pressure on others by forcing them to adhere
> to it.

Lol, I am an earnest man, and it takes a lot to make me chuckle
cynically (to paraphrase Christopher Hitchens); but the idea of
wikimedians/pedians "putting undue pressure on others" and
"forcing" users of wikimedian/pedian content to adhere to anything
at all by anything other than gentle persuasion and offering
information on how to "do the right thing"... Really - Mind, meet
Boggle.