[Foundation-l] Let's switch to CC-BY-SA

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 10 10:53:48 UTC 2007

On 9/10/07, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Erik, I think in large part people are thinking along the lines of relicensing
> because there is so little appreciable and publicly visible progress being made.

I know. :-( We were asked to maintain confidentiality with regard to
the details of the current discussion; I believe this is due to the
wording of some proposed new clauses in the next GFDL. But I think the
rough consensus that is beginning to emerge will no longer require
that, so we'll take it into the open as soon as we can.

Re: SUL, it has Brion's full attention, and first tests are being
conducted on test.wikipedia.org. To be in the loop on this one,
consider subscribing to the wikitech-l:

As I understand, the plan is now for a gradual roll-out, where
interested users will be able to merge their accounts soon. (The
inherent unpredictability of software complexity along with the
overwhelming day-to-day work being handled by very little technical
staff makes it difficult to keep clear deadlines. If budget allows, I
believe we'll see some expansion of the tech team soon.)
--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik