[Foundation-l] Betawiki being hosted by Wikimedia?

Eysteinn Gudni Gudnason steinninn at steinninn.is
Mon Sep 3 13:38:13 UTC 2007

Platonides Wrote:
 >Mohamed Magdy wrote:
 >> Eysteinn Gudni Gudnason wrote:
 >>> This has been brought up before, and I'm taking it into my own
hands
 >>> on pushing it forward. The idea is to start hosting Betawiki on a
 >>> Wikimedia site. On a new project or merge it into an excisting one
 >>> (Incubator?). I've put up a site for discussion. Please take a look
 >>> at it and consider it.
 >>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/
Meta:Betawiki_being_hosted_by_Wikimedia

 >> I think it is a good idea for the sustainability of the  project.
 >>
 >> I'm also with making  it on a separate wiki because people's
permissions
 >> on betawiki are different from the incubator..and also may be let
the
 >> betawiki run all the extensions to test its translations?
 >
 >Having it hosted by Wikimedia also means that it would have SUL :-)

What's SUL?

This was sent almost a year ago: http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/
htdig/foundation-l/2006-December/026384.html

Nikerabbit has long prepared for Betawiki to be exported into a
Wikimedia hosted site. But it seems that he lacks response from the
foundation.

I'm not sure what Jon Harald Søby means. Everybody that asks for
translations differences gets them. So what permission differences
are we talking about?