[Foundation-l] Our values

Waerth waerth at asianet.co.th
Sun Sep 2 16:41:29 UTC 2007

> This said, we can not make wikilove a rule, a policy, but certainly a
> guideline in how we expect editors to behave one with each other.
> On some websites, the people are not expected to behave nicely with each
> others. In some TV shows, you are even expected to be nasty and vicious
> with the other people on the stage. I would hope that the majority of us
> would prefer respect and tolerance at a minimum. Limits of tolerance are
> very quickly reached when a very racist person, or a pedophile, or a
> extrem-right wing person is editing. But still, we do not ban them on
> the spot, right ?

On nl.wiktionairy someone got blocked for eternity for having a
different opinion. The reason given was that the Dutch wiktionairy
doesn't have time to deal with people with different vieuws, And no the
person blocked is not me. But I tried to talk to the mod blocking. So
the answer is YES in the wikimedia projects you DO GET blocked for
having a different vieuw. And no this person wasn't talked to. Immediate
block.

Waerth

believed to be clean.