[Foundation-l] Project Proposal: WikiCurriculum

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 22:02:28 UTC 2007

Martin Weissman wrote:
> I have posted a project proposal, WikiCurriculum, at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiCurriculum.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts about the viability of such a project.  In
> addition, please read the section of the project proposal on "distinction
> from existing projects", before jumping to conclusions that this project
> fits naturally within Wikiversity or Wikibooks.
>
> In addition to your general thoughts, my project relies on some Semantic Web
> technology.  Will the Semantic Mediawiki extension be integrated into
> Wikimedia projects?  If not, perhaps I should consider using some
> combination of Longwell/Fresnel or hosting elsewhere.
>
> Thank you for your advice and consideration,
>
> Marty Weissman

1) The name WikiCurriculum makes me think "a wiki to place Curricula",
which luckily it is not.
2) This seems content for Wikiversity (ask for adding Semantic extension
to Wikiversity).
3) "The WikiCurriculum will be structured around national and state
standards for textbook/curriculum adoption" Of which nation and which state?