[Foundation-l] Anon and flaggued versions....

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:24:07 UTC 2007

On Oct 30, 2007 9:07 AM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > First point: There won't be an edit button in a flagged version! The
> > button in the usual place will say something like "there may be one or
> > more newer, yet unchecked versions". Only by clicking on that button the
> > anon will get the latest version (that may or may be not identical to
> > the flagged version) and the edit button.
>
> Is that for performance reasons, or is it supposed to be a feature?

It's intended to be a feature, I think.  But I regard it as more of a
misfeature.   I'd prefer all the edit links to be preserved, but
pressing one should take you to a diff+edit screen like you get on
edit conflict which would show you the difference between the version
you were looking at and the version you will be editing.

Removal of the edit buttons is a blow to the increase in openness
flagging should offer.

The only major technical complication I see with keeping the edit
buttons is that it's not clear how section editing should work. What
do you do if the sections have changed?

For edit conflicts we currently punt on section editing, which is one
of the things I find more annoying about  section editing.