[Foundation-l] Anon and flaggued versions....

P. Birken pbirken at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:57:51 UTC 2007

2007/10/29, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com>:
> I have two questions regarding the way the flag system operates.
> I understood that the germans were testing it right now, and had chosen
> by default the situation where anonymous editors see only the flagged
> version (rather than the current version).

Well, that would be great, but actually not even the betatest has started.

> What happens when an anonymous edits an article ?
> First, when he comes and visit, he sees that there is a mistake or that
> he might add content.
> So, he clicks on the edit button.
>
> My first question here is
> * is there anything special planned from a social perspective, to
> explain to the anon editor that what he seems is not what he gets (the
> editing version might be different from the version he just visited) ?

Currently the edit button in that case is labeled differently, namely
"edit draft". It is one of the goals of the betatest to adress,
improve and solve these usability questions.

> Then, let's imagine that he improves substantially the content. Click on
> save (still as an anonymous editor).
> Now, my second question is
> * after he saved, which version does he see (as an anon), the current
> version (the one he just edited) or the flaggued version ?

He is returned to the newly created version, see this post by Aaron on
WikiQuality (http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikiquality-l/2007-October/000339.html).

Bye,

Philipp