[Foundation-l] YouPorn in Germany: Another ugly legal case

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 13:59:14 UTC 2007

> Due to the US constitution it is rather hard to do. By comparison EU
> countries often have a selection of laws such as anti holocaust denial
> laws that could be used as a basis for internet censorship. I admit
> that I don't know much about the situation in japan.

The US constitution can be and has been amended. I know Germany has
anti-Nazi laws, and Austria might as well, but they certainly aren't
universal in the EU. The only "censorship" I can see happening in the
UK is regarding child pornography and things than fall under various
terrorism umbrellas. I expect the US has similar laws.

I should also point out that the world does not consist of the US, EU
and Japan...