[Foundation-l] Priorities

James Forrester jdforrester at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:44:08 UTC 2007

On 22/10/2007, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> on 10/22/07 6:19 PM, GerardM at gerard.meijssen at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I agree with your sentiments. However, this is the Foundation list and it is
> > largely an English language Wikipedia phenomena. I do not feel that it is an
> > issue that I should deal with because I am not really connected to what
> > happens on the English language Wikipedia. Even though it is "not good"TM it
> > is not something that feels like "us" to me. It is you lot of the English
> > language Wikipedia that have to deal with it.
>
> We in the English Wikipedia do have a lot of our act to clean up.

Absolutely.

However, I think it is fair to say that if the toxicity of the English
Wikipedia at this point is so great as to impact on the Foundation
(e.g. on the Foundation's ability to raise money), then that is
definitely a matter for the list.

If necessary, the Wikimedia community at large will have to take
action to "fix" the English Wikipedia community - but "coup" is such
an ugly word. :-)

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester