[Foundation-l] Priorities

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 21 21:09:33 UTC 2007

on 10/21/07 4:37 PM, Ray Saintonge at saintonge at telus.net wrote:

> "Our" as in _all_ the projects. They are most evident in the English
> Wikipedia, but that may be a function of its size as much as anything.
> <snip>
> The descent into disfunctionality that has been so
> obvious in the en-wikipedia is not a development that comes overnight,
> and it will not occur at the same rate on all projects.  <snip.

I don't mean to single you out here, Ray. Yes, actually I do, because you
are one of the few objective, rational minds left on en-wikipedia. And, as
evidenced by your writings, seem to have a sensitivity for interpersonal
dynamics. The statement you made above is one of several made by some others
recently regarding the cultural conditions there. What the hell is it going
to take in that project to wake people up to the fact that you cannot solve
interpersonal problems with a keystroke and an admin weapon?

Marc Riddell