[Foundation-l] two links

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:25:19 UTC 2007

On 15/10/2007, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Post-script: The following sentence is written at the bottom of the
> > main page, "If you are under 18 years old, you should ask your parents
> > to contact me for more information". This seems very unlike Wikimedia.
> > Why would you have to be over 18 to contact the proprietor of the
> > Filmmaking course?
>
> I don't think he's saying "For more information, ask your parents to
> contact me.", he's saying "Ask you parents to contact me for more
> information." I imagine he wants to inform parents about the issues
> with under-18's making and appearing in films (I'm not really sure why
> - it's pretty obvious what the issues are... if you're under 18 and
> appearing in a film, keep your clothes on. What more is there to
> say?).

Except this is a course about filmmaking, not acting. Any issues
relating to appearing in films should be mentioned when they come up.
At the moment, the proprietor makes it seem quite unfriendly to under
18s. It's a bit of a petty example, but it strikes me as another
conflict between Wikiversity and the Wikimedia mission.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)