[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Ayelie ayelie.at.large at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:27:24 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> On 10/12/07, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 12/10/2007, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> > > No, but I find parts of this thread to be ridiculous.  Egypt, like
> > > every other country, has a lot of sucky laws.  If you don't want to
> > > follow them, don't go there.
> >
> > Isn't this the point of the discussion? LGBT Wikimedians may want to
> > go to Wikimania but will not if they feel intimidated by the laws of
> > the country in which it is held.
> >
> Same thing with potheads, though.

Or nudists. I don't think the locals would take kindly to people walking
around Cairo naked.

So maybe we should only hold wikimania events in marijuana-supporting nudist
colonies in Antarctica? That way everyone's interests are looked after ...
oh, except the fact that 95% of people can't afford the trip, so there goes
that plan...

*sigh*