[Foundation-l] [Wikimania-l] Wikimania 2008 will happen in Alexandria, Egypt

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:20:43 UTC 2007

2007/10/12, rfrangi at libero.it <rfrangi at libero.it>:
> > Gatto Nero:
> > We, even if we would like to go there, we can't.
> >
> After reading this incredible thread, I vould like to put a "citation needed" tag on the above sentence.
>
> Please show proof that LGBT are arrested and expelled on arrival in Egypt. Or that their application for a visa are automatically discarded.

I'm at work. Rapid search on google gives me these:
http://www.hrw.org/press/2003/02/egypt022003.htm
http://hrw.org/english/docs/2003/10/07/egypt6432.htm
http://www.sodomylaws.org/world/egypt/egnews85.htm
http://www.planetout.com/pno/news/article.html?date=2003/09/24/2

In two minutes of search. I've not even read the full articles, for now.
But what if I've searched enough time?
You can say: "ehy, they were local". It doesn't seem so different, for me.
It's not that different.